Working with Innervate Career Services
We welcome hearing from career advisers, experienced, newly qualified and those who are interested in training and working with us.
Please email email@example.com and we will keep in contact for when suitable locations and opportunities may present.
Innervate Career Services Advisers will be responsible for:
- Delivering The Innervate Career Services Career Activities Programme
- Providing 1 to 1 Career and Personal Guidance interviews
- Providing small group Career and Personal Guidance sessions
- Tracking all year 11 pupils proposed plans and following up with any necessary interventions
- Completing Career Action Plans for every 1 to 1 guidance interview
- Recording all data and taking responsibility for its data protection, safe storage and management
- Presenting talks at assemblies, parents evenings, options evenings, career events
- Providing drop-in guidance at parents evenings, options evenings, career events
- Developing aspects of the career education programme for specific groups
- Supporting the organisation and coordination of their own delivery when in school
- Supporting key staff with their understanding of careers, personal guidance and raising the profile of our work to teachers, heads of year, parents and students
- Caring and empathic with strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to work using a client-centred, narrative approach
- Experience of working and/ or volunteering with young people preferably in an education or youth work setting
- Professional, well-organised and able to manage own work/caseloads
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with schools and management regarding guidance activities and delivery
- Personable, relatable and able to develop rapport with young people and key school contacts as well as the Innervate Career Services team and management
- Strong sense of continuous professional and personal development to provide high quality, effective career guidance to improve the lives of young people
Working as a self-employed career adviser for Innervate Career Services
- Our roles are contract position and term time only
- Innervate Career Services Advisers are responsible for their own tax and National Insurance
- They will need to register as self-employed with HMRC and also register for National Insurance contributions
- ICT, stationery, petrol, sustenance and insurances will be considered the cost of the Career Adviser but can be deducted as allowable expenses against any earnings
- The Career Adviser will be required to obtain Professional Liability Insurance.
- Career Advisers will be required to have an enhanced DBS
For experienced advisers (with more than 3 years post qualification experience) a starting day rate of £140 increasing to £150 dependent on performance and feedback.
For newly qualified advisers, a starting day rate of £120 increasing to £140 dependent on performance and feedback.
For trainees a day rate of £75 raising to £100 dependent on performance and feedback.
Training & Continuing Professional Development
All new career advisers will be supported through an induction and peer mentoring period.
Career advisers will have five training and update sessions each academic year to develop their skills, share best practice with the team.
Career advisers will have the opportunity to take a lead for key areas of work and key emerging industries .